1. Highway Rider wasn't as good as Mehldau's previous collaboration with Jon Brion, Largo, but it had its moments. Warning: this file is huge.
2. I usually don't have much use for Bill Frisell--he's too restrained and pastoral for my taste--but this track really caught my fancy. It reminds me of an Athens, Georgia band of the 1980s called Love Tractor.
3. I haven't heard her 2010 trilogy yet, but the first single is good. I also liked her guest vocal on Royskopp's "Girl and the Robot" in 2009. Do all Swedish singers sound this cold?
4. Jamey Johnson's extremely long opus The Guitar Song is, unfortunately, completely boring except for a few covers. Here he takes a mediocre Hank Cochran hit and makes it ring true.
5. Joost Buis's Zoomin is probably my favorite release of 2010, and certainly the most Ellingtonian.